Articulating hedge trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AuburnGuy, May 27, 2004.

1. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking for some 180 degree articulating hedge trimmers. I know Little wonder makes some. Do you guys have any opinions on these or others? I currently use all echo stuff, but they only have a 90 degree.

The 180 degree seems like it would keep you off the ladder a lot more. For you guys that have them are they a lot better, or should i just get a 90 degree?

2. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

I hav'nt used one that is locked, other than a hand held unit. I think the only way to fly is with an articulating model.
    You can do a lot more with it.

3. JCLandWerks

JCLandWerks LawnSite Member

Try the Shindiawa AH-231. It has alot of power and is very reliable

4. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm using the Articulating hedge trimmer from Shindaiwa..

I bought the multi-purpose tool and the power attachment

5. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

The articulated head is wonderful and you're right, it does save alot of ladder time. The model I use is the Deere EH2659 (I'm pretty sure. . .EH?). Bought them last August and am really happy with them so far.

6. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with JCLandWerks Shindaiwa all the way!!!!

Tim

7. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

get a 0 to 90 loosen two screws twist the head upside tighten the screws this is how you get 0 to -90
    that gives -90 - +90 = 180

8. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Why does it need to do 180? If you flip a 90 degree from one direction to the other... you have a 180.. right?

9. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Stihl HL75K, mid-length shaft with articulating head, the best of both handheld and extended reach. Safer than handheld with better weight distribution and visibility of full-length shaft. When my son gets bigger I will put a trimmer head on it and put him to work!