Artificial Golf Putting Greens

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Lawnmasters, Sep 27, 2000.

1. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

Are any of you installing artificial golf putting greens? I have contacted a company advertising in many of the trade magazines and they are sending me information. They say the greens sell well and are profitable, easy to install, etc. I just would like to talk to someone from our real world to see if this is the case.

Thanks,
    Greg Pierce, CTP

2. Greg,

I have tried this a couple of times over the last 15 years. You have to have a market that is willing to pay the price for one of those greens. I think they average about $ 5000 min to do. I would keep it open as an add on service if a client inquired about a putting green but I dont hink I would tie up any great amount of capital in it and then pile marketing cost on top of it. I found the marketing cost to be some what high for this product.

Sure be fun to have though. They play quite well.

3. UNISCAPE

UNISCAPE LawnSite Member

WE JUST INSTALLED ONE IN NORTHERN NEW JERSEY FOR A WEALTHY DOCTOR. WE WERE SUB CONTRACTED OUT BY A PUTTING GREEN FIRM OUT OF FLORIDA..IT WAS A 2500 SQ FOOT GREEN ....TOTAL COST...$25,000. HOPE THIS HELPS..ANY QUESTIONS....E-MAIL ME

4. redcis

redcis Banned

advertising