1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Artisan Fixtures

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Oct 5, 2013.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Does anyone know if these two companies are related?

Which came first? Who is mimicking whom? I see that Park City is now affiliated with F/X. I have been waiting years for Attraction to get proper electrical listings on their fixtures and they say they are working on it, but it seems to be taking a very long time. Now this Park City appears, but I cannot find any information about specifications on their website, not even the most basic technical data on the light sources. Not sure if they are listed products or not.

Anyone else have more info?

2. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

All speculation on my part: from looking over websites and the company principals, I don't see any connections other than similarity of products.
    The listed owner of Attraction Lights is a woman who shows on LinkedIn as the director of a charter high school in Burnside MN. The only other person showing with Attraction is Lyle Braund who I have had introductory emails with. Park City in Utah look to have 3 partners one of whom is on LinkedIn and apparently has several years in lighting fixture design. It could be that both companies have so much personal capital tied up in product development, advertising, etc. that they can't afford the investment in listings. And maybe that is where the affiliation comes in for Park City with FX Luminaire i.e. FX seeking or subsidizing the listings for them.

Tim Ryan has some relationship with Attraction Lights so maybe he will pop in with more information than my speculation.
  3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

No affiliation with Attraction. They just copied his designs. Lyle has been at it for about 8 years.

Thanks for the link. They have some interesting lights.
  4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

These are attractive fixtures. Wondering if in real life ife applications do they become a haven for spiders and get covered with webs and dead moths, etc.?
    Do they fill up with deciduous leaves or other debris?
  5. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I have had some out there for about 5 years now that I service regularly. One place is next to the woods, heavy tree canopies and such. You will get some spider webs in them, but it hasn't been as big of a problem as I had thought they would be initially and they are easy to clean out. Leaves haven't been a big issue either. There seems to be enough metal scrolling on the sides that it seems to deflect most of them. All in all, I really like them. I have been using them instead of typical path lights whenever I can. These are set in concrete and don't get popped out of the ground like regular path lights do with frost heaving.