As A Company, Where Do You See Yourself In Five Years?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DSLND, Dec 20, 2007.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

This thread is mainly aimed towards the teenagers/younger guys on this site, but all answers are appreciated.

As for myself, i will be in my second year of college in five years. But i would like to be running two trucks, full time. I would like one truck strictly for lawn maintenance, that will run five days/week. The other truck will do all of the fertilizer, bushes, aerating, landscaping, and any other landscape maintenance. Both trucks will be equipped for snow, and i hope to have about four employees (two per crew) and myself doing sales, and managing my company. I would later like to add another truck, preferably a one ton dump and a compact tractor or skid for landscaping/hardscaping.

Lets hear some answers!

-Mitch-

2. VisionsLandscaping

VisionsLandscaping LawnSite Member

In five years I see my company expanding and tackling every aspect of the landscaping field.

3 crews for only mowing servies with includes 3 persons per crew

Plan to have an application crew (ferts) soil sampling etc.

then plan to have a stricly landscaping crew for hardscapes and lighting only.

professionalism

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Just my opinion, but I think that all is WAY too much for 20 year old kid to handle at the same time. Full-time college, plus managing/running a company where so much can go wrong at any given moment.

4. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

well sence i wont own the company my dads handing it to me when im 25 now sence i want to go into the marines so in 5 years i wont even be able to be working because im gonna be a full time soldier(if everything goes planned). well id see the company with about 4 trucks 2 lawn care crews and 2 landscape probably have a skid, tractor, and a dingo and a mini excavator. probably have about 8 workers. with also a big shop. gotta have a big shop you know.

5. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

As i stated, that's only a basis. I don't plan on expanding out into the major landscaping/hardscaping until i'm finished with college, and running two trucks through college. I like a challenge.

-Mitch-

6. VisionsLandscaping

is it not okay for us to have plans for the future ? Im going to school 2 days a week and its for landscaping...NCSU

7. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Debt free....................................

8. VisionsLandscaping

yup debt free

9. tras

tras LawnSite Member

I already have nearly all the equipment I will need as well as a 3000 sq. ft. shop with office, bathroom ect. Just hope to get more customers each year. Simple as that. Not sure where Ill be in 5 years... just as long as i keep expanding i cant complain.

10. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

In 5 years i would love to be retired but thats after i hit the lottery ( ya right) iam guessing i will still be slaving away cutting grass as a solo operator been in this biz to long to do anything else and iam about to the age that they call unemployable or risky to hire him .