1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

As business owners and entrepreneur how do you feel about social media (facebook etc)

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by HeyLook-Media, Apr 24, 2011.

1. HeyLook-Media

HeyLook-Media LawnSite Member

For local business it seems like it to good to pass up, you can congratulate new customers. Give updates (especially during plowing season) and it gives a really convenient way for existing customers to communicate to you while promoting you to their friends at the same time (likely without even realizing it...)

It may be a pain in the butt for business owners but I don't understand how so many people ( some of my clients also) can turn it down

2. ProHortM

ProHortM LawnSite Member

It depends on how you want to spend your time. I'm not convinced social media provides much of a return for the amount of time spent. I think most businesses would prefer to spend their time finding doing marketing to find leads (potential new customers). Other forms of marketing - mail, flyers, a website, advertising, etc. might be more effective than social media. Just my opinion.

3. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

Facebook is free advertisement. I post daily on jobs in progress and completed work. Have gotten a lot of business and I even have the Facebook logo and "find us on Facebook" on the sides of my enclosed trailer. Got the Facebook app on my phone and posting is fast and easy; a whole lot faster than waiting a month for my website lady to add pics to my site.
    Posted via Mobile Device