1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

aschoyta (sp?) leaf blight

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mrkosar, Oct 27, 2006.

1. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

does anyone have any experience with this disease? besides the usual cultural practices and annual aeration is there anyway to avoid this next year? i had a couple of lawns get it in spots, and it seems to occur overnight. i have read that applying a preventative fungicide does not work too well because it is hard to determine when it will hit and also it rapidly happens.

i am worried that i might have applied too much nitrogen to some of my lawns in late spring last year. my next question is can i get some N lbs/per 1K from other people? i basically applied a pound of N/per K 5 times a year spaced out 6-8 week intervals from late Feb to early Nov. what do you guys do?
  2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

3.0-3.6 lbs pounds of N a season with the bulck of the N being in the last 2 rounds. The diease should clear itself up. It is spread by mowers also so make the home owner aware of it.