Ash Borer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rcreech, Oct 15, 2009.

1. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

If you live in MI, IN, OH, KY, etc you need to check into this.

I have been treating for Emerald Ash Borer now for a year and it is a big $$$$$ maker.

I am going to be putting a lot of effort into it this winter and have some serious money to make!

Went to a seminar today and it has me pumped!!!!! We need to be educating our clients and let them know how important this application is.

Contact Arbor Jet and they can get you all the details you need for TreeAge.

It is very easy to do...and very little overhead and there are a ton of trees with very few people treating them!

That is a great combination to any good add on service!

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I'm looking into Arborjet myself for next yr

3. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

The question is: can you treat a tree with TreeAge once for as cheap as I can do the same tree for two or three years with imidacloprid drench? (The only advantage I have read about with TreeAge is that it is effective for two or three years. Not more effective just effective longer.)

4. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm no expert...but i've only seen them attack unhealthy trees, especially ones that have been planted improperly..(which is most of them). Healthy trees around here can fend off emeralds no issue.

5. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Well that keeps them coming back for more.

6. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

TreeAge is near 100% effective while the Imidacloprid is only 90% effective in some cases and must be done every year. TreeAge can be performed every 2 to 3 years after treating for 2 years. TreeAge is the hands down way to go and the ArborJet system is easy to use.

7. starry night

You may be right about the percentages but I still refer to my ability to sell the drench prices with many customers who won't go for the TreeAge price. And for what it is worth, I know one entomologist who questions the safety of poking holes in trees repeatedly (albeit very small holes with TreeAge.)

I don't have all the answers; I'm just adding to this good subject discussion.

8. starry night

Hmmmm. Not sure about your information. We ARE talking about Emerald Ash Borer here not just your regular ash borer? According to my information, the danger in the spread of EAB is that they DO attack healthy trees unlike the regular borer we've had for years. And I can vouch for this. We have them in my city.

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Not true!~

Better do some checking on that one!

10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Exactly Mike~!

Are you using TreeAge yet?

There is no other product on the market with 2-3 years efficacy and nothing is better then 99%.

This product and service sells itself.

The cost is about the same...and injections are much better then drenching.

With injections...it gets in the tree much quicked and it doesn't get tied up.