Ask me any SEO, online marketing and i will answer here..

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by kentross09, Feb 12, 2012.

1. kentross09

kentross09 LawnSite Member

I own and manage a landscaping business and the web has been very profitable and powerfull for me. You should defiantly have a facebook, page, youtube and if possible twitter. It took me over 2 years to learn how to me succesfull online as a landscaper so feel free ask me anything, and i will do my best to help you.

Thanks

2. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you get in the top 5 on Google in a big city you don't live in?

3. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

What market are you in? Are you in a Metro area? Town of 15,000 people? How big is the service area? 1/3/10 crews? Are you heavy into landscaping or maintenance?

Sharing some of that would help us compare info.

I'm light in the internet marketing/website department. Did you make a website off of wordpress, godady, etc? Or hire it out? I made one through Yahoo and working on a upgraded one through Wordpress. If you hired it out what was the cost per page about?

For facebook how did you get people to get on your page?

4. kentross09

Can you be more specific? I can tell you what i would do, but before can you share what city and your main keyword? It also depends who your competitors are.

5. Puddle of Oil

I'll pm you soon.

6. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

So how do you get in the top 5 of a city you DO live in?

7. kentross09

Thank you djagusch for the reply,
    Those are very good question
    1. Yes i live in area over 100,000 people, and no im not heavy into landscaping, actually im very new compared to other people in the area. My primary business is renting storage units to other people.
    However knowing some internet marketing helped me a lot.

2. Every website that i build now, is through wordpress and the theme i use its called SmallBizz one the best wordpress themes out there for local businesses. Take a look at it.

3. For facebook, i had a really basic page done, where most people got there from my main website.

But yeah deff move from yahoo to wordpress, it will help you rank much faster. How are your ranking on Google Pages?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  8. Puddle of Oil

Keywords: Lawn Care, Lawn Care Service or Lawn Service

City: North Canton or even Akron Ohio

9. kentross09

Lol, i do not have the top 5 ranking , however i do have the 3 and im just fine with that.
    My #1 keyword is ranks on Google Places, my website and facebook its the # 5.
    For the website i just had a few good backlinks and that helped me with rankings. My competition was really bad, however i did a lot of SEO and other internet marketing for friends and other businesses like painting contractors, plumbers electricians etc where the competition was much higher. Every website was done through wordpress.

I hope i answered your question.

10. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

What is a "backlink"?