Ask me any SEO, online marketing and i will answer here..

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by kentross09, Feb 12, 2012.

1. kentross09

kentross09 LawnSite Member

Backlinks are the key to your website, try to google it and check youtube for more detailed explanation. Then when you know the basics i will share on how i get my backlinks.

For example:
    If i put my url from my website into my facebook page its a backlink, there are thousands of ways to get backlinks, and whats nice is that for a small niche like landscaping you don't need too many.

2. kentross09

if i would go for North Canton lawn care, this should be a peice of cake to rank for.
    Before going into any details can you tell me if you have any experience with SEO, online marketing?

3. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Little to none. I currently have an seo plugin on my Wordpress that I'm still playing with. I managed to get to the number one spot in my area of 10k people but getting into the bigger area is a bit harder.

4. kentross09

Cool so this is what i would do, and you should do the same, have a few youtube videos with the title, North Canton lawn care, and tags, and some other related keywords, related to that town. Then find some blogs and comment on, then put your website, and for the name use North Canton Lawn care. Then try to write a few articles, this can be easy done by you, it doesn't have to be anything fancy.

For example the title should be like this:
    "Best lawn care in North Canto". The article should be between 300-500 words. then take the article and submit it to articles directories there are thousands of them out there. A good one is Ezinearticles.com, Goarticles.com. Don't submit the same article to multiple sites.

Want another good tip??
    Well go in the town and talk to some pizza owners and see if they deliver, and for every pizza that gets delivers have your business card o every pizza box, or even a small flyer. Work a deal with the owner, for example for every 1000 business cards, or small flyers pay him $100.

Btw check my tip using the QR code in case you're not using it.

5. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you talking about the "All in one SEO pack" at the bottom of the wordpress pages? If so, care to share any tips for optimizing that?

6. kentross09

No i was not talking about All in one Seo pack, i used it before but not anymore, the theme im using it comes with built in SEO. However i can give you some tips an how to properly set it up, some time later.

7. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Is there a way to find out how many backlinks you need to be up there in your area?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

That would be great kentross, I was wondering which one Puddle of Oil is using. Since you mentioned it, what's the difference? Should I upgrade to an "all in one" package?

9. kentross09

Yes there are software's the check can your competitors backlinks. I have shared some ways to get backlinks early in the post.Btw i just checked your lawnsite profile and i didn't see any websites listed. You should put you website and bc thats a free backlink. Like i said ealrier that are thousands of ways to get backlinks. And its very easy for small businesses.

10. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, I just type in some keywords in hopes it does something. I'm still learning how to do it, its not easy.