Ask me any SEO, online marketing and i will answer here..

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by kentross09, Feb 12, 2012.

1. greg8872

greg8872 LawnSite Senior Member

I was curious, so I googled "Akron Lawn Care", and from my area (results can change based on your location), the lawn care site done by the company I used to work for came up first under the Map Links. They are pricey as all get out, but they do have people that eat/sleep/live SEO and I learned a lot in the years I worked there from their top SEO guy. I was only doing backend development and help with server management while there before moving to Columbus. (I did the backend programming of the Marketplace in your town, and three of their other company sites)

One thing they pushed big time (and we constantly saw it in results), the companies that were active in their SEO (content updates, blogs, social media) ranked great. Keep at it, it can be rough at first, but results for good working of the site will pay off!

-Greg

2. kentross09

kentross09 LawnSite Member

Would you like to tell us which website was it that came up?

3. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

If you have Firefox as your browser, you download "add ons" that can help you figure out your rankings or other website rankings. The add-on I use is "SEO QUAKE" simply web search it.
    It also provides keywords of other sites and will provide stats of internal links, external links and back-links, darn near every stat you need for SEO.
    It is highly addictive, if you love stats and numbers.

4. greg8872

greg8872 LawnSite Senior Member

Well you tell me the first one that came up under the three sites for the map, and I'll let you know if I got the same one. ;)

I run the same one, and true it gives tons of info! One suggestion though is to disable it (click on the main icon for it) when not actively using it. It grabs so much info can sometimes slow down regular browsing.

5. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

So this is the boxes that are at the bottom of my pages, on each one. How should I fill them out to maximize their use? Or maybe explain what each one means and how it affects the search engines.

All in One SEO Pack
    Click here for Support

Title:

Description:
    (characters. Most search engines use a maximum of 160 chars for the description.)

Keywords (comma separated):

Title Attribute:

Menu Label:

Disable on this page/post:

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

This is the funny thing about SEO...it's constantly changing. To do the above will just be spinning your wheels, although refining your writing skills is one positive outcome. If you want to write something, submit it to legitimate sites, or use the content to round out your own site or related blog. The sites referenced above are what are known as "Content Farms" and were crushed by Google's algorithm changes a year or so ago. Just search Google Rank Content Farms and you'll get a brush up, as well as learn who you probably don't want to submit your work to.

http://searchengineland.com/who-lost-in-googles-farmer-algorithm-change-66173

7. kentross09

kentross09 LawnSite Member

unless your scamming, the basics are still the same since 2004

8. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

The basics are the same, but if you are going to submit articles it should be original content.
    This is for those who did not understand that last sentence, hey the first time I heard this, I did not know.

OC(Original Content)

OC is only from ONE - 1 Article submission. If you post an article on your website or blog, you better not duplicate that article and attempt to submit it to an directory. Google will slap YOU!

Article Directory

Ezine is great for TRAFFIC to your site and will give you an opportunity for a back link to your website or blog. They will also allow you to submit duplicate articles. If you read that last paragraph, then you know you better not do this!

The internet is changing hourly, keep that in mind and most likely someone has written an article on the same topic you want to or have.

So be creative--Google Loves that! Google also loves for you to connect with the customers that are searching for your services or products. This is why keyword research is so very very important.

9. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMhrb3bZC7w. Search youtube and you'll find some good info.

10. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you Puddle, that is very informative, it gives me a place to start.