1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

asking for estimates

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Mar 18, 2005.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone ever calls the number on flyers that you receive to get estimates from other people to see what they would charge for your lawn.
  2. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

I never have because, frankly, I don't care what other people charge. I look at the job and tell the person the price its going to cost them to get my services. I personnally think it would be a waste of my time and the other lco's time. Just my .02

P.S. I notice you're from Webster. Ever heard of the big city of Penn Yan? Spent the first 18 years of my life in that snow! :)

3. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, I've heard of it. This winter was a long one.
  4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Me either......I know there are cheaper LCOs out there, but my business thrives based on my reliability.........

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Not for lawn mowing...I really don't care what they charge because the profit margin is too low as it is. Your prices should be based on what your cost are, how much for labor and how much for profit. For something like chem apps I would, since you working with a service with a higher profit margin you have room to adjust to the market area. According to the State of the Industry, that is published in Lawn & Landscape, the averages for mowing were anywhere from $42-$48 per hour....depending various regions.
  6. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

I'm like other Lawn Service ...i go and look at the property and give a price and sometime they would tell me Ohhh This guy only charge me $$ and i tell them Where he at now ?? OOHHH he not in business anymore ... :waving: I wonderin why he not in business anymore ...TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT !!! DONE :cool2: