asking price for a used truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by P.Services, May 26, 2008.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

im going to put my 1990 kodiak up for sale, it has 100k miles, 5spd w/2spd rear, 366 gas engine, brand new dump box i paid 4k for, taken down to the frame rails blasted and painted, newish 95% tread tires, new exahust, new master cylinder and power booster, new led lights all around, new clutch and pressure plate resurfaced, central hydro's with a 10' fisher blade and tailgate salter both in rough but very usable shape. the cab is rusted kinda bad below the doors but nothing on the doors or cab corners and it needs a tarp system. runs good looks pretty good but burns gas like you cant imagine (4 or 5mpg's). i have over 12k into the truck.

what do you truck wise guys think is a fair and reasonable asking price? i am thinking about 6500 obo and taking no less then 5500.

im also thinking about pulling my new bed off it and just throwing a flat bed on it and selling it for less.

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

for what you put into it you might as well keep it as a spare. in the current market you can't get much for trucks like that because most of the people who are going to be buying them are like yourself likely looking at new trucks for reasons of efficiency and uptime. I've got a fl60 that pretty much stays parked, but if another truck goes down we'll pull it out.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i second tht! always good to have a spare

4. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

I would not sell it.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If its in good shape, I would keep it for now. I'm guessing its all paid for so I'd just keep it for now.