1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Asphalt - Concrete

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BillyRgn, Jun 23, 2008.

1. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

i was wondering how you guys price out asphalt and concrete. what i mean, is what is the going rate per square foot for each, i know asphalt around here is around $70 to $80 per ton from the plant. i have a friend of a friend who asked for prices on these two things, so i would be doing them a favor, i have done both of these before, they are just not my normal services, i have all the tools and necessary things needed to do the job, i have just never had to price it before, so i need just a little help. thanks guys, billy.
  2. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

A friend of mine here charges about $1.50 per square foot for asphalt driveways.
  3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

4" concrete flat work is going for $3.50 a sq. ft around here right now.....labor and material. Heard today from a developer friend he is getting his subdivision flat work done for $2 a sq. ft labor and materials........not that is cheap! I wouldn't touch concrete with this old body of mine for any amount other than Ed McMahon giving me the $1,000,000 sweepstakes tickets...in that case I would supervise the job.
  4. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

that sounds reasonable, bow does that cover the removal of the old asphalt ??? would it be more for doing the prep work, like if it was a new driveway, and you had to remove some grass and dirt. thanks guys for the replies.