Assault Weapons Ban

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by nosparkplugs, Feb 25, 2009.

Would you purchase an Assault weapon knowing the right was being banned

1. Yes I would purchase

59 vote(s)
  2. No

11 vote(s)
  3. All guns are dangerous, this a needed law

3 vote(s)
  4. I already own at least 1 assault semi-auto style rifle, I'm ok

27 vote(s)
  1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Many business Owners are 2nd amendment right supporters, whether in the green industry or not, most business owners support the right/choice to protect their staff or property.

At a press conference announcing the arrests, Holder also suggested that re-instituting a U.S. ban on the sale of assault weapons would help reduce the bloodshed in Mexico, where last year 6,000 people were killed in drug-related violence.

U.S. officials have a responsibility to make sure Mexican police “are not fighting substantial numbers of weapons, or fighting against AK-47s or other similar kinds of weapons that have been flowing to Mexico,” Holder said.

So we are going to lose our gun rights because our government can’t secure its borders, and the Mexican government can’t secure law and order and weed out corruption in its military, which is no doubt a large source of firearms for drug cartels.

Interestingly enough, it was not in his prepared remarks, so it must have been in a question. This is from the Administration, folks. Obama may be willing to burn political capital on this issue. Get ready.

US Attorney General, Eric Holder is considering to re-instate the Assault rife ban permanently
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  2. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

F that ban....already got 1 AK wouldnt mind pickn up a few more assault rifles. Guns are fun!!:gunsfirin:gunsfirin:
  3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe they should ban them , after all they are used in almost a whole 1% of gun crimes . And even thou they are only designed to wound , I suppose they could actualy kill.
    Well let me rephrase that , wound people , they were made to kill varmints
  4. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Just because there is a law banning these weapons will not make them unavailable.There is always going to be a black market. There is a drunk driving law and look how many people drive and kill people EVERY day. Laws are only obeyed by honest people.
  5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I think the better question is who will surrender their currently owned weapons when the gov't bans them all in the name of national security, for our best interest, you're either with us or you are with the terrorist or some new slick mindless group think slogan.

To celebrate the victory of either antigun candidate I bought one of those evil rifles on Nov 4th, 2008

No plans on giving it up in the future.

Sadly I believe many people will be shaking chickens on this issue and will be terrified to take a stand.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were ever our countrymen.” — Samuel Adams

6. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

From my cold, dead hands....
  7. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

I did a research paper on gun control for my English class. You're right, less then 1% of gun crimes are from assault weapons. Another interesting fact, during the LA race riots, those store owners armed with assault weapons (AK variants) were the most successful in securing their livelihood from domestic terrorists. Their large clips and powerful rounds were enough to scare mobs, where as small caliber handguns weren't feared nearly as much. I guess 6 rounds to a crowd of 50 isn't a big deal. If anyone is interested, I could post a link to the paper, its about 6 or 7 pages.
  8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Please do, Id be interested in reading it.
  9. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Supreme court ruled in favor of the second amemdment re affirming our rights as citizens to own, carry and protect our families and property. This country was founded on the constitution and bill of rights and anyone who tries to take away our rights should be shot. The right of gun ownership was given to the people of this country to protect our FREEDOM not for hunting animals for food. Freedom from Tyranny and Oppression - FREEDOM is why gun rights were only second to freedom of speech and who ever said Tyranny and Oppression has to come from outside the country ? Our forfathers new that someday we would need to have our firearms to deal with our own government.
  10. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Perfect quote...... I have no problem dying, but I'm taking out as many as possible......