astro turf

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mole, Jun 21, 2006.

1. mole

mole LawnSite Member

Is anybody doing astro turf out there?. were getting a pool next year and thinking about astro turfing around some areas instead of grass or landscaping, thinking this would be a lot cleaner, Just want to see how difficult or easy to do. Also what is required for the stuff. any help or pictures would be great.

2. Tiller1240

Tiller1240 LawnSite Member

There are several companies out there that produce synthetic turf. As far as educating yourself on installation, your best bet would be to look at some of their websites and contact the companies. They'll be able to tell you exactly what you are getting in to. Off the top of my head, the only company I can think of that sells that type of product is SynLawn. Their website is pretty informative on installation techniques.

Good luck,
    Gary Weiss
    PerfiCut Lawn & Landscape

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I've done work around it, and its not comfortable, and not all that durable either.

Though you don't have to mow it, it will quickly establish wear from common walking paths.