ASV-30 with Davco Brush Cutter

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by smalley360, Apr 18, 2007.

1. smalley360

smalley360 LawnSite Member

I finally tried out my Davco Brush cutter for my ASV-30 . I really like it once it started working correctly. I used it to cut my 1/2 acer lot. The grass had agrown up about 3+ feet and the trees were about 2" in diameter and 14' tall (waddle trees). The first time I tried it i got about ten feet into the project and it seized. I don't know what happened. I started and opperated it as the manual said. It first started shaking really bad so I stopped it and noticed that one of the three blades did not come out which caused the imballance but I don't know why it seized up. The dealer I bought it from ordered a brand new motor and replaced it free of charge. I tried it again and again it started shaking so I stopped it and pulled the blade out and the shaking stopped. It runs best near or at full throttle. I did almost 4 hours of work getting use to it and trying not to take out my neighbors many windows on all 4 sides. This thing throws debris about 200 yards, it's a good thing there is some room between the properies. I had to mow one direction and tried to aim the debris into the gulch and point it towards either side of the house across the way in case it launced a rock or branch. The house across the gulch was about 300 yards but I thought it safe not to point toward it. There was a group of Mexican landscape workers with trimmers and mowers that were working next door and actually stopped and gathered on the road to watch in awe for nearly ten minutes. My wife said they looked like they wanted one since they were pointing and talking when they saw me mowing the trees and ratty bushes over with ease. It was a lot of fun. It would have been even better if I had gotten paid to do it.
    I forgot my camera but my wife got some shots with her phone but I don't know how to download that. Any suggestions?

2. treadlite

treadlite LawnSite Member

Have you got any pics of this thing in operation?? How does the machine handle the weight of the cutter, and does it have sufficient hydraulic power to keep it cutting?? Lastly, what is the brushcutter worth??