ASV 4810 ? Hmmm...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by IHI, Mar 6, 2007.

1. IHI

IHI LawnSite Member

Hello all,
    What should a 99 or 2000 asv 4810 with about 850 hours be priced at?
    One of the local dealers has one and will be giving me the price this afternoon. How decent of a machine is one of these? Maintenance wise (low/medium/high)? How heavy is this thing? Overall performance and usability? P.S. - I do general landscaping, which includes :sod, rock, decorative rock, snow removal,etc... just needing an all around skid at a decent price.

2. IHI

IHI LawnSite Member

Oh yeah, how long should the tracks/mechanisms for tracks last? 1000 hours or so? Anyone out there running one and have you been happy or ? This one is supposed to have cab/heat too.

Thanks in advance,
    IHI

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

There have been a few around here. Trade value is real low one them in this area. They seem rather simplistic on the inside which is not a bad thing. They are large machine. The track system does not hold up well in our area. The more current ASV would be preferable to the 4810 series I would think. I would even take a CAT MTL over the old ASV design. More compact with a similiar but updated track system and more lift height. Would not hurt to run it and see what you think. You might check Richie bros.com and Iron Planet and see what they have brought at auction. It may give you a general idea of their value.

4. vntgrcr

vntgrcr LawnSite Senior Member

I have heard over and over how LOUD they are! But they are a real brute and will almost push anything if all is working right. I have not used one but that is the concensus regarding the noise. Just food for thought.

5. Qualey

Qualey LawnSite Member

I had one. Poor cab, poor seating position, loud, drive system will require maintenance, but not nearly as bad as many would lead you to believe.

Ground clearance is outstanding, tons of power, love/hate slide controls for travel, visibility is far superior to many skids in this size. I even swapped mine for a 277 and 302.5 or would still have it. I ran a 90" high flow snow blower and it ripped. I can't imagine it selling for over $30,000 though????

6. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

7. IHI

IHI LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input. Is there anyone still running one out there? My rep didn't make it back in this afternoon. I guessing it's going to be between 18-20k, is this a good price for it? What is the biggest thing that could go wrong? I believe this one has new tracks on it. Any other feedback is appreciated, cuz I have to make a decision fairly soon.

I was thinking of waiting for the new local Ritchie bros auction in a month or so, but have no idea what their machines will be going for.

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I checked the RB website. It looks like there is an 06 T-300 and another 05-T300 tracked Bobcat machine. There is also a Bobcat 864 tracked machine but I would let that one pass. There are several low houred CASE machines a 90XT and 445 wheeled machines. You can research past auctions off of their website to get an idea of what market value is on them. Of course the price is subject to condition of machine. When you research you don't get much info on the machine itself. Certainly nothing about condition of the machine, but it is a reference point.

9. IHI

IHI LawnSite Member

KSS - Thanks for the input. I'm a tad bit limited on funds for the skid, cuz I also have to buy another truck (dump). So, I was thinking if they sell this one in the mid teens area, it would be worth it. After making sure it's in good shape. The reason I say this, is cuz of all the snow we got here, the used skid steer market is way overpriced right now, at least locally.

What's kind of weird though, is that I just checked another local dealer's website and they too have a 4810 w/o cab/heat, but they want 19.5 k and it has 450hours.

Is this an indicator that nobody like them and if so, why?

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I only know what I hear from the CASE dealer who also handles TK. He practically refuses to take them in on trade. They are hard machines to sell at least in this market. The ground is not really built for tracks, rocky and dry most of the year. I don't think they carry a lot respect among contractors in this area based on the few that were around. Good news travels and bad news travels faster.