ASV MD70?'s

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by 6DoubleDuece, Nov 21, 2007.

1. 6DoubleDuece

6DoubleDuece LawnSite Member

I have a good line on a 1997 MD70. The owner says that it has a PTO. Can you run tractor implements with them? It also has high flow anyone have specs? Also can you run regular bobcat attachments with them or is the quick attach different?

I have to let the owner one way or the other by friday.

any and all comments welcome.

Thanks
    Brenden

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not sure how the front hooks up, I think it's a standard attachment plate. Sounds like the PTO is up front, so you'd need to get an adator plate that would allow you to attach 3 point hitch attachments to the machine, then the PTO would operate them.

The MD70 is such an old piece of technology and they aren't cheap still. I found various units online with tons of hours for $20K. I'd rather buy something else unless you could get a bargain of a price. But, it seems that they do hold up over time and are suited to heavy forestry work, etc..

3. 6DoubleDuece

6DoubleDuece LawnSite Member

So $8,000.00 is a good deal then:laugh:

Thanks
    Brenden

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

How many hours?

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Were those the ones that were reversible, with a loader on the rear or with the loader on the front combo's?

6. VAMech

VAMech LawnSite Member

We used to sell those when I was at the CAT dealer here in VA. I think they even had a small 3pt hitch you could put on them and you could put the loader on the front and turn the seat around so it would look like a ag machine. I think high flow on them was around 25gpm with a flow meter on the machine.