ASV Owners

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Terraformer, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

4900Bruce..Its a bummer you are having the problems you are having. I don't know how ASV is set up in Australia but I know they have a website that allows you to try to contact someone if you aren't getting satisfaction with your local dealer. Maybe ASV has a factory guy down there that you can contact.

I know that ASV has sold heaps of RC30s. There must be more than 3 in all of Australia.

2. 4900bruce

4900bruce LawnSite Member

I brought the RC30 to go with my 1.8 ton kubota excavator .both are good for the limited acess market.all my work is hourly plant hire so the slower I go the more I make,I have no reason to abuse my machinery as some are implying.
    I am now trying to get out of the RC30 any way I can and trying to get the best trade in possible eg buy most expensive machine dealer has.
    Have been told N.S.W. dealer is not re tendering for ASV dealership(giving them bad name)so wont be able to get spares soon and they need lots.

3. 74inchShovel

74inchShovel LawnSite Member

My RC 30 has me singing a similar tune. Many problems, oddly though none like yours. Most all related to build quality, the latest are a fuel gage or sending unit out, and the beginnings of a scary sounding hydraulic noise- looking at other sites, and on U-Tube this machine is very unreliable. I am not alone by any means on this. It is one of the highest maintenance machines I have ever owned.

4. Ausman

Ausman LawnSite Senior Member

As i have posted in here at least 10 times, there is an upgrade to fix your wheel problem, Drill countersink and screw the disc to the wheel then the groove cannot wear out, all of my machines have this done and no more drama, the cracking, there is a bracket that can be fitted and it has been availible for years. i have never had a tower crack off, never. it is cosmetic. Also the machine does not have enought power to run air con. Seen 2 drive motors break in over 50 machines i know and both were overworking it.

If you dont have an ASV here you cant get work.

5. Ausman

oh and the torsion axles your dealer did not fit the torsion axle limiters, cost $250 plus fitting ususally free in australia.

6. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Drama.

I fix my stuff when it breaks, then move on.

the end.

J.

7. Ausman

Yeah and i have helped many many people on this forum make their machines work.

Been doing this for 20 years i have dealers in the USA now wanting me to train them on ASV preperation, and i am just an owner.

Our results speak for themselves.

8. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Hey.

I listen to you. I have done your mods to my 50 and all is good.
    I just got my new PT80 and I am working a deal for a nice RC30.

Thanks again.

9. 4900bruce

4900bruce LawnSite Member

Hi I hear what you are saying and I am pleased that you are telling any prospective buyer of RC30s that when they purchase a RC30 they should be prepared to spend money and time on a brand new machine to bring it upto scratch or they could save that time ,money and down time and purchase a machine from another maker and enjoy going to work and making money with out all the ASV dramas.
    I wish you had told me that 18 months agoe .
    Ausman still waiting for you to buy my one,maybe you exagerated when you said they are in demand in Queensland.

10. Ausman

send me photos but the air cab retracts from the thing and it needs and axle and upgrades will you take 22k