Asv pt-30. Oil out of Exhaust

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by wheeler_1313, Jun 16, 2008.

1. wheeler_1313

wheeler_1313 LawnSite Member

Don't know if this is the right place.. But i was wondering if anyone could tell me why i had oil spray about 12 ft out of my exhaust. To give you an idea of how much oil was sprayed, it covered a car and a tree in oil.. I checked the oil in the morning and it was full, ran the maching for 3 hrs and then the dipstick wouldn't even show any oil. Please could someone help me out. The machine has only 53 hrs.
  2. Hummer

Hummer LawnSite Member

Turbo oil seal?
  3. wheeler_1313

My machine isn't turboed.. That's exactly what the service tech said before i told him no turbo.. Thanks for the reply.

Any other suggestions?
  4. jmf

jmf LawnSite Member
    from ny

On my SR80 there was a switch that causes the motor to run rich at startup. If it sticks it will blow oil and smoke for awhile. Because this switch is not tier 3, it can happen whenever he fuel package is not right. For me it was 5 gallons of diesel from a Mom and Pop Shop that cause it to blow smoke for about 40 minutes. If there is any question about the fuel put in some additive and run it awhile.

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Is the crank case breather tube vented into the intake?
  6. 74inchShovel

74inchShovel LawnSite Member

Were you running it for a while at low RPM's? Going real easy on it? I did that to my RC 30 and it had oil running out the muffler. Had I ran it up hard after that it could have very easily shot oil. Has never done it since, I suspect incomplete combustion caused fuel to collect in a relatively cool muffler. In any case, you should be covered by warranty.
  7. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

This sounds like a good question for Ausman. Hopefully he will chime in. If the dipstick showed no oil after running it then it is a major problem and not a small thing like others have experienced and have typed in. Sounds like the rings didn't seat correct and it needs a tear down.
  8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

That would be my suggestion as well. Put oil in it, have some one stand behind the machine with a towel to catch the oil and get it to the dealer. Sounds like the PerkaPillar just took a pooh.
  9. wheeler_1313

Thanks to all who replied.. I gotter into the shop and we will have to wait and see what the outcome is.. i'll let you know.. Thought maybe it was something i could have managed myself..

Thanks anyway.
  10. Ausman

Ausman LawnSite Senior Member

have you stood that 30 on its nose, as ASV will blow oil from the exhaust if you tip them forward, it smokes like a chimney and blows oild for a few minutes then clears.