Asv pt30

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by 4900bruce, Nov 21, 2008.

1. 4900bruce

4900bruce LawnSite Member

I spent 7 hrs today operating a friends new PT30 .4 days old and had 21 hrs on clock this morning.
    I am sorry to say not much has changed,boom tower looks stronger and this machine came with suspension limiters fitted.gauges have been changed but washers on inside of wheels are still loose which allows them to grind back of wheels away.
    I could not see but was told that there are now bush,s for pins at bucket hitch.
    My RC30 is enclosed cab with air ,this PT30 is open cab ,can not believe how noisy machine is even with ear muffs on.
    hopefully another 25 years development from asv and we might end up with a decent machine.

2. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

so you think they were better off with the RC series

3. 4900bruce

Any improvment is better than no improvment.
    The few changes they have made has not made me want to go out and buy one.Cat 247B2 has made enough improvments on the old 247b u/c for me to want one.

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It's pretty hard to make a small machine like that be quiet to operate, there's a hell of a lot of compression of moving parts under the seat and behind you that would normally be quiet on a larger chassis.

5. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

I think there's nothing that compares to RC/PT30's in their class. I've rented mt's, bobcat 553, boxers, own a NH L125, and nothing comes close. Sure they may be a little loud, not built like rocks, but with good maintenance, and a pair of earmuffs, those things are unbeatable, IMO

6. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Are you saying you have an air conditioned cab in your rc30? I'd love to hear more about this, ours came with cab and heat but I was unaware of any factory ac available for it. Are you referring to washers on the bogie wheels or the sleeves on the drive sprockets wearing the inside of the wheels?
    Thanks in advance for any and all info on ac for these things---that would be a great asset for summer use.

7. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

For those of you who have operated an RC30, I have a question.. I know they definitely couldn't lift a skid of sod, but do you think they could at least move/slide one around?

8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Maybe a half pallet... there is no way a 30 can even drag a pallet.

9. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

i demoed a rc30 the machine i felt was built cheap, and i dont think that machine would even be able to slide a half pallet of sod. Another thing that turned me off with that machine is that it couldnt even load my smallest dump truck where my 553 would and so would my s70

10. 4900bruce

Yes KLC99 RC30 here comes with a/c option .a/c is fitted by a company here called Crisp Air after machine lands in country.cost an extra $10k Aud but that includes windows ,front door ,wiper and washer.
    A/C unit has been the most reliable bit of the whole machine.
    RC30 and PT30 have large metal washers very loosely fitted onto stub axles then track guide wheel goes onto stub axle.sand and grit get between washer and back of wheel and actually grind wheel away.

posy 001.jpg