asv rc 30 advice

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by mag360, Nov 3, 2006.

1. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

We just priced this machine out and the dealer seems a little high.
    Here's what they offered.

ASV RC 30 (demo) 20+hrs with cab and heat $20,900
    4x1 bucket $2200
    Auger drive $1500
    6in bit $300
    9in bit $370
    30in bit $795
    adapter (for full size attachments) $695

Total $26,760 before tax.

Has anyone gotten quotes for this unit? The attachments seem fair but the machine itself I expected a lower number on.

The original price for just the machine with the standard bucket was 21,500. I told him to swap to the 4in1 bucket and keep the price the same (about a $1600 difference) and recieved this quote with a note that the bes they can do is drop the price by $600 (thats not a real price drop because the standard bucket is worth $600 or so---seems dishonest) This price doesn't scare me but the fact that they aren't budging on a demo machine doesn't seem right.

I will be taking a trip from pa to florida this fall and can stop in any of the easternmost states for a good price/good dealer.

Also, is there an adapter available to mount mini skid attachments to this unit?

Thanks for any advice guys.

2. mag360

Also does anyone have practical experience/advice on this machine.

We were looking to go the toro dingo route but the faster ground speed and sit-down operation will be of more use to us for snow management.

Auger_fence-350.jpg

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Post over in the Heavy Equipment forum if you want to get the attention of the Skid Steer Guru's.

4. mag360

Yep, thanks.
    Hoping for some feedback from the mini-skid owners too.

I'll post over there as well, thanks.

5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I had an rc30, but I sold it and bought a rc30. I don't do snow, but the dingo is a more practical machine for landscaping. Attachments are easier to come by, I can load the dingo on a 6x12 3500lb trailer, and the tracks are easy to maintain.

Why don't you buy a low hour machine on ebay? Probably be 12-14k.

6. mag360

Lawnworks, Thanks for the advice. We actually bought the machine. Ebay units were hard to find. The only machines I found used were off rental fleets and, based on the price of new tracks and rollers, decided to stay away. These tracks are covered for 2 years or 1000 hours. We added a set of forks to the deal and they threw in the dirt bucket currently on the machine.

This machine wound up costing about $2000 less then the best competitor's offer for a non-demo unit.

Also toro finance is at 10%+ as far as I know for 60 months.
    ASV gave us 5.68%

Good luck with the dingo and thanks for the post.

7. grossbec28

grossbec28 LawnSite Member

asvs are great machines i highly recomend buying it only if it is going to be used everyday you need to let them pay for themselves by working it to death.:usflag:

8. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

One major benefit of mini over full size is the visibility and the ease to get in/out on/off the machine.

For instance, if your augering with a skid and want to check depth you basically have to crawl out of the damn thing all the while trying not to hit your head while getting out. Then get back in and unlock all the safetys that are set in place. With the mini its literally pull back, let go the controls, walk around, check and walk back and start the control back up. MUCH easier/faster if you find yourself having to check what you are doing or constantly be in and out of the machine.

9. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Damn fine machine , but getting in and out of the machine is a pain and the visibility behind you is a big problem for me , too . Cab room is insufficient for a big guy imo . The Dingo was a better fit for what we do , but congrats on the new machine. Its a workhorse.

10. KRtraxx

KRtraxx LawnSite Senior Member

Having been in sales of Cat,ASV,New Holland and Gehl skid machines for the past ten yers I can honestly say this.The RC30 is a great little machine and does more work for its size then what you would think.The only down side I can think of is that a lot of guys over load and over push with them because of the traction they offer.Which could cause drivetrain reliability problems(which I have seen) that can be pricey.Use it wisely and you will be rewarded with the best performing ride on machine in this catagory...