1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

asv rc-30 demo part 2 now i know why i wouldnt!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mrsops, Dec 28, 2007.

1. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

so guys im going to follow up on my other thread i left a few days ago on the asv demo today i was in it for a little longer today and i dont like it. machine rattles makes noises feels like its built cheap from top to bottom. the only thing good about that machine is that it has a cat engine thats the only thing going for those machines. o yeah and to take off the back of the peice of the machine to get to the battery is a real pain in the ass!! and yes the battery was dead lol
  2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

The ASV never scored big on creature comforts, at least the bigger ones are just a tad better.
  3. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

If it's got the right battery in it, all you have to do is disconnect the battery, twist counter clockwise, and remove it. And if you don't leave the key on, the battery don't go dead! I'm not saying that they are perfect, but if you want to see what it will do, take out into the mud, as I've said before, just follow me, if you have the cajones or ability!
  4. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

I used to enjoy running the little RC-30 for picking up tree trimmings, although it did rattle a bit after startup. The battery was such a pain though. That position is so odd that it requires a special sized battery. I have to admit to modifying the sheetmetal so a regular battery would fit. It's a shame that ASV hasn't changed their machine all these years.

As mentioned above take it into the mud. You will be impressed, I know I was.
  5. mrsops

yeah i had it in the mud its good
  6. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

so your deciding on a track machine or a tire machine? what will this mainly be used for (whatever your buying)
  7. mrsops

well kreft i my t-190 which is very good. i need another 4' machine i sold my 553 a few months ago because it was time to upgrade and i starting using my mt52 for the tight areas its just a little hard to grade with it. i demod the s100 and its def alot faster and stronger then the 553. but then again i said let me try and demo this asv it has tracks always good for the mud and its 4' as well but it just seems a little cheap built to me
  8. kreft

Gotcha- any way you need to keep with bobcat. Company colors would be messed up if you went with ASV
  9. mrsops

yeah thats true kreft lol
  10. kreft

Those are some really big tires on that 330 are you going to buy the T330?