Asv-rc-30 Or Power-trac

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Strawbridge Lawn, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have any recent input on these machines for light and occasionally medium landscape work?

2. Strawbridge Lawn

I guess you all use skid steers.

3. Logan's Landscaping

Logan's Landscaping LawnSite Member

I would get the RC-50 if you can use a machine that is only a little bit bigger. The power difference is amazing and it is only a couple thousand more. Well that is what i am going to get.

4. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

5. Logan's Landscaping

Thay Polaris is the same as the RC-30 made by ASV.

6. Strawbridge Lawn

You are correct.. It is the same as the ASV-RC-30. They have an affiliation with ASV. I will be demoing an RC-30 tomorrow.
    My problem is 2 fold regarding the RC-50.
    1. Trailer capacity..Alkthough I have a twin axle trailer rated
    max of 3500 each, this machine will peak the load on the trailer.
    2. It is about 27K for the 50 vs 20K for the 30.

I just aquired a 3 acre lot clearing and path contruction project around a 3 Acre portion of land. About a 2 month project.

I am leary in some respects of the 30's capabilities and remember purchasing my first ZTR. The dealer said, "Go with the bigger 52". I did and am very very thankful I did.

7. Strawbridge Lawn

Used thr RC-30 today for about an hour. I was impressed. Will have it all weekend and let you know it performed.

8. Releaf Landscapes

Releaf Landscapes LawnSite Member

Have you looked at the Mertz Boxer? We purchased one and found that with each use it has excedded our expectations.

Noel

9. Strawbridge Lawn

After using the RC 30, I was very impressed with its capabilities regarding small shrub/tree stump removal and light grading. I will be doing a much larger job over the next 45 days and will elase it with a grapple bucket for that job. I will take photos of the project and inicate stregths and weakness. I may put the 50 on site if the 30 proves to small.

10. Logan's Landscaping

Are you renting the machines?