ASV RC - 30 Questions!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by drsogr, Mar 6, 2005.

1. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey I went to the garden show today and I took a look at the RC 30. Can anybody tell me if this machine is any good? I wanted to use the sod installer attachment, and the harley power rake, as well as the bucket. I do a lot of sod installs, so this is what it would be used for. Would this machine do the job?

Thanks,
    Derek

2. desertrat

desertrat LawnSite Member

I rent the rc30 and the the rc50 all the time. They are great machines, but the 50 or even the 60 are much more powerful. If getting into tight spaces isn't an issue, go with the biggest one you can afford. another thing, for a small machine, the 30 is very fast, and with the tracks it doesn't bounce all over the place.

3. drsogr

I was thinking about the rc 30 because it is the only one that has both the sod attachment and the harley attachment. I can't get both with the rc 50. Is the rc 30 adequate enough to do both of those?

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

who told you you can't get those for the rc 50????
    they are bsing you.
    of course you can get those for the rc 50

5. drsogr

I looked in the ASV Tools & Attachment catalog and it did not have a harley rake listed for the RC 50, just the RC 30.

6. desertrat

desertrat LawnSite Member

I have used the harley attachment with the 50. If anything, the 30 can't handle as many attachments as the hydro flow is not as high as the 50 or 60.

7. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I own a RC-30, but would not consider it a great machine for sod. I use the forks and can only move a half pallet (with a weight kit). Harley rake applications it would be fine. The 30 is an awesome machine, but it is limited
    in terms of power, reach, and weight. I have used a 50, but my next choice will be a 60 to compliment my 30.

You can get just about any attachment for the 50 and higher series ASV's

8. drsogr

Did you buy it through them or harley? Maybe they just don't offer it. Maybe you have to go directly through harley.

9. drsogr

Did you buy it through them or harley? Maybe they just don't offer it. Maybe you have to go directly through harley.

10. syNNer

syNNer LawnSite Member

with the RC 50 and bigger units any standard skid steer attachment will fit so getting a Harley rake for it shouldn't be a problem.