ASV RC-30

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Highpoint, Feb 22, 2001.

1. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

Has any purchased or tried out the new mini ASV RC-30? We have been approached about becoming a dealer and are looking for some user feedback. Thanks.

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Im not familiar with that piece of equipment. If you would be so kind as to explain what it was or does, then I could check around locally for you and get the feedback you are requseting.

Glad to help.
    Kris

3. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Is that the ASV skid loader?

If so I'd chatted with someone who I believe said that they demo'ed one for a day and broke the tube steel arms.

4. EarthTech Landscapes

EarthTech Landscapes LawnSite Member

I haven't heard ggod things about the ASV either. I only know of one crew in my area that has one, don't know what kind of luck he is having with it.

5. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

The ASV RC-30 is the newest line of machine from ASV INC. It is a "mini" skid loader that you can actually sit in and operate. It uses the same technology as its big brothers incorporating the rubber track system for super low ground preasure and the pilot controls so well known by Caterpiller operators. The machine is a tiny 46.5 inchs wide and 112 inches long with the standard bucket. It weighs 2935 lbs and comes with all the attachments. It was built to compete with all the Stand Up mini skid loaders. You can check it out at http://www.asvi.com. It is also featered on the cover of Februarys issue of Turf Magazine.

6. Louis

Louis LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I played with one for a while and it was O.K. We had a breakdown on the machine after 8 hours and had to call the engineer in Grand Rapids to get it fixed.The main problem in my opinion was that the machine was not big enough and not small enough.I couldnt get through some of the gates but then I couldnt lift a pallet of sod so I still needed 2 machines.Also the fenders inside the cab kill your knees.

7. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

We had a demo for about 1/2 a day. We install pavers and retaining walls only. We were trying to find a solution to the turf damage we were causing.

Great concept. I like the tracks they were very easy on the turf. Very quiet machine. Cat motor is awesome too.

The drawbacks we found were that, the bucket was very small. Only held 1 1/2 to 2 wheel barrows at most. The bucket angle on the tilt back was not enough. Material kept falling out of the bucket. It needs more rollback is what I am trying to say. The lifting was not there either.
    I am 6 foot 2 inches and 215 pounds. I found the cab a little confining to be running for a 1/2 day.

The price was a around 20G.

We decided to go in another direction.

Rex