1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Asv Rc-30

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Strawbridge Lawn, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone use one of these and have some input on how they perform? Seriously considering one, but have had little to no input.
  2. herkfe

herkfe LawnSite Member

I've used one a couple of times. I forget the model, but it was their mid-sized one. Very nice machine, handled well and did seem to do better on the turf than wheeled skid-steers (obviously) and ones with tracks over their wheels. As a matter of fact, CAT has bought some of the company and is using the undeercarriage for their machines. Some quirks, as all have but the strong suit was the way it felt on terrain. Very stable.
  3. Bog

Bog LawnSite Member

I am looking at getting one but wonder if it is big enough or should I get the 50
  4. carlriv

carlriv LawnSite Member
    from Mass

I just bought the polaris Asl 300 (same thing). I still dont have it though. Getting the cab and heat etc.

I need a small unit for clearing snow from walkways. 46.5" wide will fit most places. I hope it works as well as I am expecting.
  5. Bog

Bog LawnSite Member

what is the dif between the ASV 30 and the Polaris they seem the same to me. Are they?

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

WE have an ASV 30. Best machine for the size that you can get. Caterpillar is standard of the industry, always will be. The design, and performance will out do anything in its class. We also are getting a bobcat 463 with a 36" kit so we can get in tighter spots. Out here, there are many areas where you only have 42" from the house to the walls separting lots. The 463's rock for this....
  7. Strawbridge Lawn

Since my intital post I have used the RC-30 a couple times and was very impressed, but as yet have not really tested it. I have a few more jobs this winter that will take care of this. I am leasing the RC-50 with a Grapple bucket in a couple weeks for a wooded lot cleanout/path construction. Will post how it did.
    ASV and Polaris machines are identical, just different label
    RC-30 TC-50
    operating weight 3300 5300
    50% Tipping 800 1600
    Engine cat 32 50
    P Pressu 2.5 2.7
    Width 46" 60"

The 50 has a much higher lift height as well as many other options

RC-30 can go on any tandem axle landscape trailer.. The 50 is borderline and would likely need a heavier duty trailer.

Price quotes for me
    RC-30 21K RC-50 27k

Anyone else have prices?? Polaris the same??

ASCRC next

We paid 18K for the ASV 30, tooth bucket, auger, 8" and 30" drill bit, and hydraulic clamp for brick sections. We can drive it in to the back of a 1 ton pick up if we need to and get it to the jobs.
  9. Strawbridge Lawn

UNISCAPER: Ypu paid 18K for the machine and extra for the attachments? or 18K for everything??

Where is your dealer??
    Thanks in advance

18,653.25 for everything. Was a machine off rental fleet at Hawthorne Equipment. Had 18 hours on it. Now has 2353ours