ASV RC30 QA Backhoe

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by yardscaper, Mar 5, 2005.

1. yardscaper

yardscaper LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

I own an RC30 and was wondering if any of you have experience with the Quick Attach 7 foot backhoe for the machine. I also have never used a skid steer mounted backhoe that you operate from inside of the cab. Looking for input on performance and visibility mostly. Any information would be a big help though! :p

2. yardscaper

No one has experience with operating a backhoe on a skid steer that is controlled from the machines seat? :confused:

3. syNNer

syNNer LawnSite Member

I think ASV are the only ones to offer a backhoe that's operated from the seat. Looks like a good idea to me.

4. echovalley

echovalley LawnSite Member
    from CT

Cat is the only skid steer i have ever seen like that.

5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

This is off the subject, but I rarely see anyone that has an rc30. How do you like it? Have you used a sod roller w/ it? How is it on turf?

6. yardscaper

The RC30 is a great machine! We use it constantly and it is able to do things that you would think were impossible for it. I had gotten a really good deal on it when I bought it. It is actually the Polaris version, but it is just an RC30 with the Polaris sticker on it. It is fine on turf, but, like anything else, if you turn hard on softer soil, you will rip the grass up but you will not rut it. The traction is great and it sticks to the sides of hills like glue. I am looking at maybe adding and RC60 to the fleet.

No, I have not used a sod roller with it, but am going to get a backhoe and land leveler for it.

I would be glad to answer any other questions.

7. Lawnworks

from usa

I tried to PM you for more info, but it would not allow it. I have some more questions, I would like to give you a call, could you PM me your number?

8. yardscaper

Lawnworks,

I am having problems with my Private Messaging for some reason. I sent an email to the owner of the site, so we will see. Any questions that you may have you can post here and I will answer them. It is just that we are hitting our busy season now and I am getting slammed from all directions but I will answer you as soon as I can.

9. Lawnworks

from usa

What is the main source of income w/ your RC30? How many times a week do you use it? Do you use an auger w/ yours? How does it perform w/ a harley rake? Any additional info is appreciated.

10. yardscaper

Anyone have a cat skid steer with the in cab operated backhoe?? :confused: