ASV RC30 Who owns one & are there any problems?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by rambo10, Mar 17, 2004.

1. rambo10

rambo10 LawnSite Member
    from CT

I am purchasing a Polaris ASL 300, which is actually the ASV RC30.

Can anyone tell me, that owns one or that knows about them, if there are any problems with them!!

Thanks,

Bill

2. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Bill, tempting @ the local price for Polaris asl 300. Too small for me.Hellava value now. They will sell now! I almost got one for $12,900. Prolly should. Dont know of anybody that got one. They look VERY well built. ps You know why their so cheap is because Polaris and ASV did not work out.An ASV is $20,000, Same thing.

3. rambo10

rambo10 LawnSite Member
    from CT

jammer,

I know they are starting to sell like hotcakes because of the price.
    I am paying 14k.

I had a demo of one and am now purchasing one. It digs real well, doesn't damage turf and is light enough to put on a 7,000lb trailer.

I have not heard of any bad things, only good, but would still like to hear from anyone that has had one for a while and if they have had any problems.

thanks for the input!

4. Planet Landscaping

What town ya from Bill? Who r u buying from?

5. rambo10

rambo10 LawnSite Member
    from CT

Middletown

Butler Power Equipment, West hartford. He is a general landscaping power equipment dealer(pretty good sized) and now after the fiasco with Polaris and ASV, he is now an ASV dealer also. So, I will not have any parts/repair issues and there is also a CAT dealer nearby in case there are problems with the motor.

I priced an ASV RC30 from a dealer in Newington and he gave me a price of 23K!

6. Planet Landscaping

SWEET I wanna play in it sometime.

7. Planet Landscaping

Bill, How is it??????????:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :blob2: :cool: :D :D :D

8. mg10117

mg10117 LawnSite Member

did you ever buy the asv rc30, if so...how do you like it??

9. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I do know that there have been numerous upgrades to the current ASV PT30s over the Polaris machines. Pump brackets, larger wheel bearings, larger sprockets, different track technology 33hp now etc. I would get a list of updates you may have to do from your local ASV dealer. He could probably get the entire list of changes ASV has made to the machine since then. They are amazing little machines and the amount of traction and material they can move blows me away.

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Different track technology? Like what, other than the changes to the undercarriage?