Asv Rc30

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by baddarryl, Jul 13, 2007.

1. baddarryl

baddarryl LawnSite Member

Rubber tracked (not Turf tracks) small machine. 50 inch loader. How will it do on turf compared to a mini skid steer like a Dingo that is tracked. Thanks.

2. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

I used to run one on the weekends for a friend's tree service. On firm ground it will not leave any ruts, and you can make some tight turns on healthy turf without digging in. It's always a good idea to be careful, but any damage done will be mostly surface and will grow back in a week or two. I recommend it

On the other hand I just found out about one for sale for 6,000.00. Needless to say it was gone in one day!

3. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I've rented The dingo, bobcat MT55 and most recently the RC30 for a small patio install in a backyard where I couldn't comfortably fit my RC50. I think that they all have their place. In my opinion the RC30 is much more productive in terms of speed, pushing power (I would be that in most cases it would out push an S130 size skid), and comfort (sitting down all day out of the sun, snow, or rain). and it fits in "most" places. The walk behinds are narrower, compare closely to lift power, but not in pushing power, or speed, and you don't need to get in and out of the cab multiple times for different activities (although the RC30 cab is plenty big). If I were going to buy one up here in Wisconsin i would get the RC30 mostly because I could use it year round with a heated enclosed cab for snow blowing, plowing, and in rainy or colder weather. I would suggest that you demo all of them to see what best fits your needs. Good luck.

4. treadlite

treadlite LawnSite Member

The RC 30 has way more rubber on the ground than the walk behinds, is more stable and like the others have said is quicker and safer in some instances (no worries about running over your own feet or getting caught between obstacles and the machine.....

5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I had an rc-30, but sold it for a tracked dingo. I liked the asv, but the track system made me nervous... I didn't feel like dumping 3-5k into replacing it. To replace virtually all wear parts on a dingo including tracks... is about $1300... much easier to swallow. I also feel like it is easier to transport, manuever, and a little better for existing lawns. I think I have the perfect set-up for my operation now... tracked dingo tx425 and Cat 248 skid.... and I have less that 10k in both of them combined!