ASV RC60 Actual Lift Capacity

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by yardscaper, Jan 1, 2010.

1. yardscaper

yardscaper LawnSite Member

I am really wanting to purchase an RC60 to compliment my RC30, but my big question is, for those of you with experience or having owned an RC60, how much weight is it able to lift. I am not talking to full height, but tractor trailer bed down, and the ability of the machine to pick up a pallet of stone and just move it around the site at 2 feet high. The weight in question is 2,800 pounds. I am also considering a Bobcat T180/190 or ??? I am more interested in the ASV line though.

Thanks!:dancing:

2. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I've moved stuff around that heavy with a 60.. I wouldn't speed around with the bucket all the way up in the air, but it should lift it.

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Grab a Cat 257B2 if you like the ASV undercarriage, the 247B2 is a bit weak, but tweak the relief valves and you can really lift some weight, but you will need to add some in the rear.

4. yardscaper

yardscaper LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info guys. What kind of price should I be looking at for a used machine with say, 600 to 1,000 hours? I am open to a Cat or an ASV machine. I will be looking around this month, so just curious what you guys have seen out there as far as deals.

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think you could lift that heavy, another company in town has a 50 and even with double counter weights it barely gets pallets(approx 2400#) of stuff off a truck.

6. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Remember that the old RC50 only weighed about 5300lbs and the new PT50s weigh over 6200lbs and have a tipping load close to a 1000lbs more. I own the old style and I can move pallets of sod around a job site, but it starts to get really tippy trying to get them up in the air any distance.

7. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Also remember a 60 is a WAY different animal than a 50. My 50 won't lift a roll of sod, but my 60 does with out any problems what-so-ever.

J.

8. MR HYDROSEED

MR HYDROSEED LawnSite Member

I just bought a 2006 RC60 last night, used it today and was very shocked at how weak the lift capacity was. I'd drive into a pile of loam and try to lift and nothing, try to tilt the bucket up and nothing. I'd have to pull out and lift to get it to go up. My little New Holland l553 would lift it fine, it would nose dive a little but would rock back and lift it. Its like the relief valves are adjusted to wimpy. I tried to lift a pallet of rocks and it would do anything. The NH would lift until it flipped, I want that again. Please help, I pray there's a way to crank up the lift capacity.

9. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I bet you have a weak relief. I've run L553s and my RC50 has more lifting power and it has less of an ROC than the RC60.

10. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Wow! thats just crazy. Something must not be adjusted correctly with your machine.

Did it come from a dealer or was it a private owner unit? Could it have been an old rental unit and they backed everything off to make it home owner renter friendly?

My PT60 picks up and plays with rolls of sod, or pallets of what ever with ease. My 50 wouldn't do that at all.

If I were you, I would get that sucker back to who ever you got it from and make them fix it. Its deals like this that give a machine or a brand a bad name.

J.