ASV RC60 smooth turf tracks??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by tcjim, Feb 9, 2011.

1. tcjim

tcjim LawnSite Member

Has anyone used the turf tracks on the asv RC60? thinking about using them. I work on ahtletic fields and like the light footprint. Asked this question before but forget where I asked it.

2. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

No experience here but I have an rc30 and curious about them too.

3. juststartin

juststartin LawnSite Senior Member

I have always thought the stock asv tread was extremely turf freindly

4. tcjim

tcjim LawnSite Member

They are great as long as you don't make turns. thought maybe the smooth tracks wouldn't tear the turf in the turns

5. manatarms

manatarms LawnSite Member

How do you like the RC60? I've been looking at them lately and just haven't pulled the trigger. Turf tracks are high on my list of interesting items if I get one....

-Mark

6. tcjim

tcjim LawnSite Member

I love it. It is so maneuverable and has plenty of digging power for me. Turf tracks should be a real plus

7. tcjim

tcjim LawnSite Member

I have an RC60, not an RC-30

8. kgserv

kgserv LawnSite Member

i have never had an issue with stock asv trax on turf. i have seen turf trax uesd and u can turn on grass with out an issue. but if you use turf trax on rough surface it will rough them up. i have a 30. by the way you all know terex bought asv and all the new units and parts are black and white.

9. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Just found a site that sells green tracks for the rc50/60 for around $1800 each. Couldn't find them for the rc30 but I'm guessing $1500 or so. I'm thinking aftermarket sources are limited for these things - might be worth a shot for $3000/3600 respectively

10. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member