At 20 years, Bobcat gets a complete rebuild...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ROLLING THUNDER, Nov 12, 2010.

1. ROLLING THUNDER

ROLLING THUNDER LawnSite Member

I figure that at 20 years, this fine old rig deserved a little extra care and appreciation. I used it, but tried not to abuse it so the "bones" were good. Here are some shots of the finished product. Everything that needed to be replaced, cleaned, painted or tuned is done. It was funny how I actually would say to myself "why did I let this or that go this long" through the rebuild. Also strange that once the work was done I find myself air blowing it clean every time now...My wife is laughing at me because now this rig only gets used on "special occassions" she says next I'll be seen walking down the 4th of July parade. Good idea.

Good quality, reasonably well maintained is worth every extra $$.

Thanks for all the time spend cruisin' through this site. This is my first post.

P.S. If anybody has a round style (see photo) cover knob (38124) I would appreciate it!

LM1.jpg

LM2.jpg

LM3.jpg

KNOB.jpg

2. stuntmanlogan

stuntmanlogan LawnSite Senior Member

Thats pretty cool man. How long did it take you?

3. ROLLING THUNDER

Thanks!

Approximately two months to track down all the wear and service parts required and a couple of days to clean, paint and another couple spent in reassemble.

Still would like to find a set of the large front wheel brackets and a set of the larger front tires, so the search goes on.

4. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Wow it looks great.good as new man.i like it.great job to you.

5. ROLLING THUNDER

Thanks,
    Yea, pretty soon its going to want a younger man...I'm now just handle candy.

6. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey anytime.haha yeah lol.

7. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Looks great, one day I will do the same with my '89 Ferris, the older kaw 460s are amazing, my ferris could go through ANYTHING in its path, and I am sure that bobcat could too

8. ROLLING THUNDER

Thanks,

My advice is "Start Now" as it is hard enough to find the parts.

9. Dan85

Dan85 LawnSite Member

That's pretty impressive, looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor! Nice Work!

10. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, that is a very nice mower you have yourself there. Good job bringing it back, any before pictures?