At High pressure HUNTER pgp's _________

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

At High pressure HUNTER pgp's .... piss on your booties.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

the biggest problem with the 'big water' PGPs is that conventional swing joint connections want to flop over from the force of the spray

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

On high pressure 'big water' I-20s or I-40s, we'd use solid swing joints and tamp/backfill the hell out of them, even using gravel to stabilize them.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

They did a few months ago.They may have tried to fix the problem you described and went to tight so doing a gut swap was impossible as one could not unscrew the new ones.

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

We started going the other way on ballfield repairs. 1" poly and 90 degree male adapters. Havnt repaired one done like that yet. Some reason seems people cant keep from driving on this field and the swingjoints were regulary breaking.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

7. Wet_Boots

The problem with heads being driven over was fixed a generation ago.

Trouble is, it was Safe-T-Lawn that fixed it, so the solution has vanished in the mist of time.

8. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

My boss had me install a PRV set to 70 static on a 13 gpm system all 1 inch poly..

In some area's there were 3's and 4's dogged down. Major misting.. Mark my words in this thread the H/o in a few years is going to ask me why I replace 3-4 heads a turn on every year....I'm going to say you have high pressure. Because if I say the Hunter PGP is junk and suck at anything over 35 psi, I look like the jerk who ran the crew who put 2 cases of them in...

Thanks hunter....Might switch to the I-20 or all together to the R/B 5000+.....
    On the other end if your the guy doing the math at the end of the year the Hunter needs to keep up the good work! We will take 2 pallets start of next season....

Thoughts?

9. Wet_Boots

Did the 70 psi static ever get used anywhere in the system? How many of the replaced PGPs are non-rotating?

10. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

the 70 psi static was ordered my my boss for the longer run of heads away from the POC.

the install was done yesterday so only time will tell on the pgp's.