At High pressure HUNTER pgp's _________

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Jun 19, 2013.

1. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Yea, that's what it means. Can you adjust a Safe-T-Lawn or just let it do a 360?

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

the adjusting device on Nelson gear drive rotors was a direct swipe from the (more reliable) Safe-T-Lawn original, and it worked the same way. Set the arms to get your arc of coverage, and flip over the device to make it a full-circle. Safe-T-Lawn also had a deluxe version of the device that gave the head the same break-out/snap-back clutch action the R-50 copied.

3. RWI

RWI Banned
    from GA

well it just takes 20 years... that's ok with me

4. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Good grief, it took forever to fine tune a Nelson rotor. It was faster to change out a whole zone than adjust one of them.

5. Wet_Boots

You could free-wheel the STL rotor, though, so less worries there.

6. RWI

RWI Banned
    from GA

Ha! I am trying decide which assault rifle to use on a nelson head..... probably scar .308 or maybe .338.

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed. Serious PITA.

8. Wet_Boots

poor Toro TR-50 has lots of great bells and whistles, but not being able to free-wheel it is going to be the deal-killer

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

who here likes toro s700 series rotors? I have to say, when properly designed, systems using those do a pretty good job, but really my impression is they last for a very long time. I have a ton of them in systems that are 30 yo and not skipping a beat. I have started to replace now, with rainbird 5000 on those systems as i dont carry toro. The only toro used here is the s700, so no use in stocking any toro. seems the spray heads at least of yesteryear from toro are the worst ever at staying stuck up and run over with mowers.

10. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

ha, i figured this out last year on an old system...had to call someone just to figure out how to adjust them, then it took for ever to get it right