at home depot today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rmartin, Apr 25, 2004.

1. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

i was at home depot this morning. now last wekend i saw them selling stripped down versions of a lesco 48'' walk behind mower for 3000. Today they are selling the cheapest toro zero turn i have ever seen for a price of 3000. This thing couldnt cut dry grass. I cannot believe these companies (lesco and toro) are making these so cheap. Arent they worried about there name and quality?

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

your home depot is selling lesco mowers!?

3. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

yes......48'' wb $3,000

the one in auburn,ma

4. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky LawnSite Member

It may look like a duck and sound like a duck but my experience with Home Depot is this..... there is something different about that mower... you did say "stripped down". It may be like those Honda mowers they sell there, I bought one of them and that is the sorriest piece of junk I have ever seen. I payed $400.00 for it and I wish it was back at Home Depot in the middle of a large fire. I would roast marshmellows on it's burning carcas.....WHEW

5. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I have not seen the lesco mowers there but I have seen different LESCO chemicals there.

6. 1acreplus

1acreplus LawnSite Member

I've had bad experiences with Home Depot and other big box stores.

Go find a local dealer who just sells lawn equipment. My favorite is just a few miles north of me, and sells John Deere, Echo and a few other high-end brands.

The little guys will work harder for your dollar, and they know you'll be back if they sell you the good stuff. They might have homeowner-grade equipment, but if they know you're a pro, they won't waste your time with cheap junk.

Just my $.02

7. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

The toro you are talkin about is the Timecutter Z, all consumer products and not professional, it works good for the weekend warrier homeowner.

8. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

lesco quoted me 2545 for a 48" so whats the big deal!

9. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

I was at Home depot the other day as well. I saw that they were selling a toro ZTR. I went to sit on it and i heard something crack. What a P.O.S!!! I got off and looked at it. My WB's drive wheels were bigger than the ZTR! Pure Junk IMO

10. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

the big deal is that it is not the same as you are buying at lesco. I bought a lesco 48'' wb last year and it is not even close to being the same. I just cant see how these big companies are risking their names by making such cheap POS's. John Deer did it now lesco and toro are doing the same. Whats next....a democrat as a president?