Atomic Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Joel D, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Joel D

Joel D LawnSite Member

After hearing all this talk about G6 blades on this site I wanted to get ahold of some for my Toro. I went to my dealer, and they don't sell aftermarket blades for Toros, but they had the Atomic blades in stock. I don't know if they are better than the G6 blades, but these things are awesome. They cut back on under processed grass clippings big time.

2. rwreuter

rwreuter LawnSite Member

bump......

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The Gator G6 and G5 blades are the shizzle right now. They are available for your Toro and you should buy a set and tell us how you like them and how they compare to the Atomic blades. For my uses I haven't found a blade that will out-perform the Gator G6. I have 3 sets for Gator G5 blades on order and want to see if I like them better than the G6. The difference between the G5 and G6 is the thickness of the blade. The G5 is .208" and the G6 is .250".

4. Joel D

Joel D LawnSite Member

What are the specs for Toro blades? I couldn't find what I needed when I looked for the G6's online. It's Toro 3000 series with a 48 inch deck. I would love to give a comparison.

5. die4irish

die4irish LawnSite Member
    from ohio

cant seem to find the g5-6's for my bad boy 54"

6. I like the .250 thick G6 blades but, I don't like how wide they are. They do increase the lift but, it does take quite a bit more motor to turn them. More engine load can't help but, increase fuel consumption.

7. SWMichigan

SWMichigan LawnSite Member

I always run the thicker standard blades on my dixie with the mulching chains attached. I have good airflow and the clippings are manageable. I have never been a fan of the gator blades because I feel that the lift isn't as good. I am an old dinosaur though and I imagine gator blades have come a long way since the years that I used them.

Also, I find the thicker blades don't bend as easily which makes them worthwhile in itself.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Try the G5 then. It's the same blade only not as thick.

Yes, they have changed considerably. They have so much lift now that they'll suck the eye teeth out of a killer whale.

9. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

I just picked up a set today looking forward to cutting with them

10. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

well how are they???? I use the t4 blades on a exmark that express mower parts sells. my opinon on them is they suck. they don't cut the grass good at all. clippings are almost the same as regular blades too.