1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Atomic Mulching Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MightyMc12, Jul 30, 2004.

1. MightyMc12

MightyMc12 LawnSite Member

I just ordered some Atomic Mulching blades for my Toro 21" Proline I was wondering if anyone has tried them. Any comments would be appreciated.
  2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

21" Atomics are Garbage...The serrated edges have almost Zero Lift...Gators are Better but unless you're mulching leaves stick w/the Stock Blades...

Zero Lift Atomics on the Right...Gators on Left !

3. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree.

I'm not a huge fan of atomics either, no lift at the end of the blade causes streaks.
  4. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I run them on my Z's with no problem. Depends on what you are cutting. Lift is not an issued with Bermuda that is kept below 2".
  5. MightyMc12

MightyMc12 LawnSite Member

I guess that is bad news. I bought it because curiousity got the best of me and they were like 5 dollars cheaper then the original blade. I assume the dont bag well right?
  6. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

IMHO, They SUCK!!!

7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I concur with other comments about bad performance. They didn't do a good finish cut, added nothing to bagging performance, added nothing to mulching capability.

My blade is in the shop corner someplace!
  8. atomics suck on all my toros ..my 21 inch toros my turbo force deck ztr's .