Atrazine mixing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wildstarblazer, Feb 12, 2013.

1. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

I want to spray some Atrazine 4% but the label says 4 gallons of water with about 16 oz of product to cover 2000 sq ft. Do you think it would be overdose if you used 32 oz in 4 gal to cover 4000 sq ft?

2. wildstarblazer

In other words I want to use less water because I am using a backpack sprayer..

3. turfmd101

turfmd101 LawnSite Bronze Member

I say ok, if you do the right things. Less water for 4k, means faster walking. If you can spray, that fast to all varieties of weeds and get a good app! Make sure you water GOOD. Or just man up and fill that joker again. Just k. It will work that way. Just only let it dry for 20 min. Then water 1/2 in. Then again 3 days aft 3/4 in. No mow for 8 days min after app will greatly improve herbicide activity.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. wildstarblazer

Thanks for reply, yea the filling up is a problem cause most lawns around here are 10,000 K and up average. I don't have enough yards to justify larger equipment. I do more maintenance and landscaping than lawn aps.

5. turfmd101

Next time you make an extra $200. Pony it up for a 25 gal sot sprayer, get it battery power. Then pull trigger. I know you have something to roll that. It comes with 25' of hose. Stop being cheap! JK.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. wildstarblazer

Thumbs Up Your right..

7. turfmd101

That's sales.
    Posted via Mobile Device