Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by scweedman, Jan 2, 2007.

1. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

In a earlier thread someone had used atrazine in there PG. I was wondering about the results.
  2. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

If it is any help, Simazine and Atrazine work great from the boom/tank mounted on my ZRT. It rides rough enought and I give it a little left right to keep the mix agitated.
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Are you kidding! That would kill cool season grasses for months. Just remind our listeners--St Augustine only --or am I wrong?
    If this is wettable power and it works ok then probably other wettable powders would be ok in a Permagreen.
    Has anybody put some kind of agitation set up in their Permagreen? Canoe paddle? Electric bilge pump? 12 volt motor on top with shaft and propellor? Agitation nozzles for the bypass? I understand that with a through tank double-threaded fitting you can attach tubing to inside of tank and set up bypass agitation. What does Z-spray and C and S Turf Tracker use?
  4. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used Simazine in the PG, which is basically the same thing. This product was a very thick liquid formulation, but whether it is that or WP makes no difference. I personally would not try mixing these in the PG, because there is not enough agitation.

The product was agitated in a skid sprayer and then pumped to the PG. The results on these properties are just as good or better than those that were sprayed with the hose and gun.
  5. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

I used the poor boy method to premix the Simazine. I put a quart of Simazine in a jug with about 1.5 gallons of water, shook the heck out of it, poured it in the application tank and started spaying. I use the 4L formulation. Yes, I am talking warm season lawns.
  6. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Turf i think it was u everythimg worked ok i see.