1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Atrazine

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by des1477, Mar 22, 2008.

1. des1477

des1477 LawnSite Member

Any of you guys have luck with it for dollar weed. This also has weed and feed in it. Im I just wasting time and money.

2. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

atrazine works very well against dollar weed...the liquid (40%) works alot better then the granular atrazine...but us home owners have to buy the weak 4% stuff now

3. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Like Karl said about the atrazine--It's all the same A.I./acre--it just take 10 times as much to get the effect of the RUP. Anyway, a good product for your St. Augustine/Centipede is "Image" It is sold in a handy hose end applicator. Just make sure you use the correct amount. I think one bottle covers 6000sq. ft. It work pretty good but will need two application. just make sure your turf is growing well. DO NOT USE IT ON DORMANT GRASS. I sprayed a ditchline for a little dollar weed that was still yellow in January a couple of years back and it killed that centipede 'deader than a doornail" whatever that means. I'm thinking of splitting a bottle into the backpack (4gal) and mixing it with basagran .45/K with sticker and testing that on dollarweed. I don't have any now but probably could find a ditch somewhere. Also, dollarweed in SC does not start to show up until late summer. I'll quit now as I could write a book. OH Yes, your product Pen...... 15-9-15 Weed and Feed with Atrazine is a waste of money. Check the label for active atrazine. Nowhere close enough to control dollarweed.

4. des1477

des1477 LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the info