Attaching things to enclosed trailer walls

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMowerBoy48, Jan 21, 2005.

1. LawnMowerBoy48

LawnMowerBoy48 LawnSite Member

What do you guys reccomend to use for attaching things to an enclosed trailers walls and also what to use for shelving. Any suggestions will be great. Tyler
  2. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

e- track. it is kinda expensive but it is well worth it,it is the best thing for the enclosed trailer racks.
  3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Whatever you do, make sure you use self-tapping metal screws and go through the steel studs. We lined our trailers with plywood to protect them from damage if equipment rolls around or the operator gets in too big of a hurry.
  4. Lawrence Lawns

Lawrence Lawns LawnSite Member
    from zone 7

What kind of trailer did you buy? Ours already had plywood walls. Not to be sarcastic. Why would you have to line with plywood when the trailer should already be equipped w/plywood all the way around? ;) Unless you're not talking about an enclosed trailer.

For inexpensive ideas, eye bolts, S hooks, utility hooks, 2by's & some wire racks from Lowe's or Home Depot work wonders.
  5. nmf392

nmf392 LawnSite Member
    from Ma

I have an Avenger 7X12. I welded pieces of iron together w/ small posts sticking out, much cheaper for your common tools to be held. I think I bought the iron for less than 30$. My trimmers and weed wacker brackets were bought and adapted from Home Depot. With a couple of Bungee cords, the equipment never falls or moves. Good luck, make sure you drill w/ self tapping screws and don't miss!
  6. Harleyboy52

Harleyboy52 LawnSite Member

I bought a 7 X 16 Haulmark recently and installed ladder hooks ( the kind of hooks that hold ladders on the side of a building) on the wall to hold my edger and trimmers. I also put an aluminum tool box in the front on the floor to hold a chain saw, hedge trimmer, and a lot of small tools. I haven't figured out what kind of shelves I'm going to put up yet but I'll post some pics when I'm through.
  7. LawnMowerBoy48

LawnMowerBoy48 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I will definetly be putting some of them to use when I finish this semester up in a few weeks.
  8. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

That what I did. Screwed a 2x4 to the wall first to allow room for the motor and head guard to be off the wall. I used the ladder hooks that are small shaped like a 'J'. The hooks weren't but a couple dollars apiece. Works great. They don't roll around or bounce out. Now just to rig up something for my blowers.

In the front of my trailer I have some cheap kitchen cabints. One set on each side, that leaves a good space open in the middle, nd put ply wood on top. A 2x4 across the front so stuff won't slid off. Inside the cabints I put things like a chain, rope, bags and all my differant types of sprays. On top I have my Hedge trimmers and chain saw, until I make racks for them too. I just hate spending the money on racks when you can make some cheaper.
  9. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

here are a few pics that might give you some ideas.

10. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

robert, is that drywall in there? it sure looks great!!... you should take picsup close and post them to see the racks on the left.