*****attachment question******

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by toomuchtime, Feb 10, 2010.

1. toomuchtime

toomuchtime LawnSite Senior Member

Quick question for the skidsteer pros. I found a real good deal on a 6 way dozer attachment by bobcat. Will this attachment hook up to my Caterpillar 287B with out and modifications?
    Thanks guys

2. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe it should hook up no problems.

3. RentalGuy

RentalGuy LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Posted via Mobile Device

4. RentalGuy

from Midwest

Do you have electrical hook-up? You will need it. Otherwise, you are good to go.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. toomuchtime

I have all the plugs on my machine just not sure if they are the same plugs on the attachment

6. RentalGuy

from Midwest

Your aux couplers will plug in just fine. I have rented to cat owners a a lot. However, I am not sure if the 7 pin plug in is the same as bobcat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. toomuchtime

anyone want to chime in on the 7way?

8. Premier Landscaping

Premier Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from ND

The seven pin will not work, cat has an 8 pin plug. You can get it to work with some wiring. I don't know how the 6 way works not sure how new it is, if its older you can get it to work by just hardwiring it into a new plug from Cat to the correct pins and you will be fine might need to add some relays depending on the wiring on the bobcat dozer blade. I wired a bobcat sweeper to a cat plug once and the motor it had only had two wires that were both ground and switched to power when powered, so I needed some relays to get that working properly. I have a 07' bobcat soil conditioner and that actually has some kind of controller so I needed the bobcat toggle switch setup, but I didn't use the toggle switch I cut it off and pin'd it into a cat 8 pin connecter to so it looks factory.

9. twward

twward LawnSite Member

Bobcat has come out with a 7 & 14 pin wiring harness that allows them to hook Bobcat branded attachments to competitive machines. They created this "T-harness" in order to allow them to sell attachments to every body, not just bobcat customers.

Stop by your local Bobcat dealership and ask them to help you. They should know what to do.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  10. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

If you want to do finish work with that blade dont waste your time or money. If you just want to do rough pushing then it should work alright but a bucket can do the same thing.