Attachments for Stihl trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eslawns, Sep 14, 2000.

1. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a Stihl FS85 trimmer and was looking at the attachments available for it, specifically the articulating hedge trimmer and pruning saw. Anyone use these? I think they look a bit more sturdy than the "split boom" types.

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I bought a FS-85 earlier this year. I've never used it as a trimmer. I put on the power scythe head for clearing stickers and weeds. About a month ago I got the articulating trimmer attachment. I trimmed a hedge that was 9' high with out a ladder. Be careful, this head is razor sharp, I've got the scar to prove it!

3. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

I do have the fs-85 With the grass trimmer, hedge trimmer and power prunner. That i got a week ago.

The hedge trim works great!! I trimed a 10' tall hemlock and 5' wide with out a ladder. the top got from the deck.

I would get the 90 degree hedge trimer. I Just trim a 8' hedge with no ladder. Just turn your hedge trimmer to 90 degrees.

Last but not least is the power prunner. i used that on three and it also works good. I one job wish the pole i longer.

Tony