Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Ive already gotta set of Forks and a bucket for our loader, but I'd like to have a 4n1 and a trencher.

My question, which brands should I look at And which should I stay away from?

I just ordereed forks for our vermeer mini skid from bradco, theyre attachements look to be quality.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. tailboardtech

tailboardtech LawnSite Senior Member

Bradcos I think there owned by palin now there good attachments I can tell you the trencher for skid loaders are a pain in the neck literally. We have one at work I can count on one hand the number of times we have used it you have to run the machine in reverse the entire time and it gets old real quick we still have our old case trencher and we use that instead
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

We have had a Lowe trencher that has worked great. No telling how many hours it has spent trenching rocky dry soil.
  5. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

Best forks I have used are made by AIM attachments.
  6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Bradco, Virnig, Caterpillar and Bobcat are good names for attachments, there are some good deals at RB Auctions from skid steer attachments, but they look kinda cheap.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Lowe makes a great post hole auger and I hear a good trencher although I have never owned one (I do have Lowe auger that I have had since 95). Virnig makes a great demo grapple bucket. I have a HD 78" that is very well built. I snapped a tine on my Bradco 5K pallet forks moving rocks this Spring (huge rocks). The wield was poor. They gave me a new one even though it was out of warranty by a long shot. I have not found a set of pallet forks that were made to move rocks and hold up. I will look at the AIM forks as someone mentioned.
  8. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll chime in for Lowe on both trenchers and augers. I think they've been building their augers since the 70s or something like that. Virnig makes good quality stuff as well.. I have a set of their heavy rail forks, and have been happy with them. never used their grapples or 4-1, but they are a reputable company.
  9. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

bobcat makes great quality attachments.
  10. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

I broke the tabs on the tines where they mount to the cage doing the same thing. I bought a new set as the tines were almost as much as the whole set up. I moved a few dozen boulders with them.