Attending shows? Do you guys go?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Dec 16, 2007.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

First off do you guys attend shows? Do you go your own Home Shows, as they are called by me. Do you go to GIE expo, irrigation shows. How about attending seminars? I have gone to a few on landscaping - mainly retaining walls.

Any of you guys ever attend the world of concrete show. To broaden the scope of your services?

Maybe you guys put on the shows??

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to hijack but what shows do you reccomend

3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have gone to a few local home shows - really nothing new at these beside what others are tryiing to do or minic what we have done in the past. The GIE expo is good show, although I wasn't that impressed this past year. I have gone to a few state shows, a municplity type of show but that equipment was more for city's and the such. Thinking about making plans for next years world of concrete show in Vegas.

I think they are great to attend but really never here much on this site what guys go to etc.

4. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Just took a NCMA wall class & test. Taking another sports turf seminar next month, plus another seminar on pesticides & turf in February. Gives me necessary credits fir my pesticide recertification.

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

As long as the GIE is in October, I don't know if I'll ever be able to attend. We were reseeding this year into November.

I went to John Deere Landscapes University a couple of years ago. Mostly a joke. It was more of a "look at our products and what you might be able to do with them" kind of event. I felt like I paid $299 plus hotel and expenses just to go see their three day long commercial.

I thought about trying it one more time this winter but it's during our vacation to Disneyworld and that ain't changing.:)

6. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I went to the Southern Farm Show in Raleigh, NC, a couple of times when I was in FFA in high school. I don't really have the time now since I'm in college, but I would still love to go. I don't remember seeing too much lawn equipment there, but that was before I was in the industry and I was more focused on the big tractors. I'd love to go to the GIE Expo in Louisville.