Attention All Rookies & People In Business Less Than 5 Years

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcw615, Aug 7, 2010.

1. mcw615

mcw615 LawnSite Senior Member

This regards to getting to know your business and stop comparing yourself to other companies. I also gave some insight on pricing, so stop asking what others are/would charge and learn what you NEED to charge to make a P R O F I T.

I saved my 3 or 4 page rant in PDF, I am serious read it before you go on about pricing or expanding your business anymore, there are questions and scenarios you may have never thought of!!!

Attached Files:

2. Cboy7

Cboy7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Fl

real nice. Thanks for that pdf! i have been in business 10+ yrs but thats a good guide!

3. mcw615

Very welcome. I get sick of rookies always failing, or trying to outbid you and then they go under. IT ALL HURTS THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY and gives it a bad name when someone is trying to be cheap, makes the pro's look like rip off's but it all comes to expenses.

Thought it would be a decent guide or a way to review your business.

4. autojeep

autojeep LawnSite Member
    from Reno Tx

thank you, very good info . just getting started have had a hard time knowing what to charge this will help

5. stephen424

stephen424 LawnSite Senior Member

wait a minute!
    in this thread you're calling out rookies and folks who've been in biz less than 5 years!!!!

and in this thread
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=325453

you're asking help on how to compact two days of work into one saturday (and you state that you do office work for one FULL day)

PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOU HAVE NOT BEEN IN BIZ OVER 5 YEARS AND ONLY HAVE 2 DAYS OF WORK AND IT TAKES YOU 8 HOURS TO DO INVOICES FOR THE AMOUNT OF CUSTOMERS YOU HAVE!!

i'm calling you out! you're a fraud

6. mcw615

Your welcome. Just remember the three make ups for what to charge, LABOR/OVERHEAD/PROFIT.

7. Grubrunner

Grubrunner LawnSite Member

OUCH!!!

:laugh:

8. AzLawnMan

AzLawnMan LawnSite Senior Member

Just charge more than your costs and you should be in good shape.

9. AzLawnMan

AzLawnMan LawnSite Senior Member

Happened a couple of months ago as well. Some kid was saying he was a millionaire and I went back and found a post he did just a week earlier and he hasnt been on since. Carefull fellas, there is always a record of what you say!!! :drinkup:

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

All you have to do to avoid that is always tell the truth. It's easier to remember the truth as it happened then it is a myriad of lies.