1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Attention !!! All Trailer Owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Heller Landscaping, Aug 30, 2002.

What kind of trailer do you have?

1. Enclosed

31 vote(s)
  2. Open

63 vote(s)
  1. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

Please vote . I am Trying to decide what kind of trailer to go with . I have done a search and am leaning toward enclosed. What kind are the majority using? Thanks:blob3:
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Mine is open. The poll doesn't work.
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

My trailer is open, but I only do this part time and have a large, 2car/2 story, garage to store everything. If I was full-time, I would consider an enclosed mainly for the convinence of not having to take of trailer nightly. Other benefits would be shelter from the weather and thieves. I see an application for the use of both.

4. kjfaulk

kjfaulk LawnSite Member
    from NC

I have a open, but traded one of the goose neck trailers in for a 8x18 enclosed today, cant wait to get it.:blob2: :blob3: :blob1:
  5. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

Hey by The way what are you using to pull your trailers?
    1500 or 150 or 2500 or 250 3500 or 350. Thanks
  6. kjfaulk

kjfaulk LawnSite Member
    from NC

Have a f-350 dually with powerstroke, cant hardly tell anything is behind you.
  7. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

we have 5 open and 1 enclosed. use the enclosed for irrigation durring season and Ice melt in winter. Pulling with (2) 1 tons (1) 3/4 tons and 2 half tons. We have a 60 x40 shop and unload for maintenance each night anyway.
  8. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

If your trying to decide by using a poll you should have asked "what kind of trailer would you buy" Not what kind do you have.

I have an open trailer but if I had the money and space I would prefer an enclosed one.

See what I mean.

9. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

I ve got open but want a dual axle enclosed. Guy down the street has a 16*8 trailer and made all his racks man that is so sweet. Next time he brings it home I;ll take a pic if i can. He built shelves in the front exactly to fit all equipment, custom trimmer racks etc very nice. Next trailer will def. be enclosed.
  10. parkmaster

parkmaster LawnSite Member

have two open trailers one 5x10, 6x12 w2ft sides i need another trailer maybe a 6x14 or 6x 16 enclosed a bit more secure for equipment tho
    enclosed is a few more $$$$ than an open trailer

you plant it, I'll maintain it