Attention DFW Landscaper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Precision, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

2. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

That s#cks. Hope your making him pay for it.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I think he took the idea of a "Ram" a little too far
  4. aries

aries LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

OUCH :dizzy: that hurt's how bad is it and are u covered?
  5. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

Oh man! How did it happen? Or better yet what did he tell you happened?
  6. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Man that sucks!! Good luck getting it fixed!
  7. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I think I have the insurance company conned into fixing it instead of totaling it. She was a couple of months away from getting retired and restored.

Now that is on hold.

He used it to pick up a friend at 3:30AM and some one stopped dead in the middle of an interstate. He thought they were just slowing down so he moved to the other lane which had an obstruction in it so he moved bacn and they were stopped and it was raining pretty heavy.

He has offered to pay the deductable. To be taken in extra side work that I give him. We will see.
  8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Sorry to see that.............

Just fixed a stihl chainsaw that was "borrowed".............

Gas in the oil chamber, oil in the gas chamber, new chain shot, used motor oil instead of 2 cycle oil.............

New policy...........NO MORE BORROWING!
  9. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

If it was logo'ed with DOT numbers, you probably would have bigger problems.
  10. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I just upped my insurance to $300K the other day. Actually, I'm not as worried about this as I am having my employees stealing all my stuff. All three of my employees are brothers and I'm scared to death that if I pizz one of them off, they might all decide to run off with my trucks and trailers at the same time. That would put me out of business over night. I store my stuff at a storage place and they all have keys to the trailer locks and the storage unit. Obviously, I trust them. My most senior employee has had this sort of access for nearly six months now.

If everything were to be stolen at once, I'd be covered with insurance for the replacement costs. The problem is, it would take me a lot of time to replace all the equipment and find new employees. I don't think I could get it done before I lost all my accounts.

DFW Area Landscaper