1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Attention Fastrak Owners

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cranesrule, May 23, 2007.

1. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds like your learning and enjoying your new ride!!
  2. cb31

cb31 LawnSite Member

I have the 21hp Kaw with the 54" deck. I love it! I looked at the Honda but decided the Kaw had more commercial experience so I went with it. The dealer mentioned the Kaw's were easier to cold start, etc. Only 2.7 hours on it so far! The 54" deck knocks out an acre in less than 30 minutes easy.
  3. wormrancher

wormrancher LawnSite Member

My new Fas Trak 54 should be delivered next Tuesday. I ordered it with the Kawasaki, a mulch kit and flex forks. Anyone running the mulch kit? How about recommendations on the best blade set up for Northern grasses with the mulch kit? I was told to stay away from the gator blades by the retailer? Also, I tried to order the striping kit and was told "NO" as it has been discontinued on the Fas Trak.... What gives?
  4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

If your dealer says stay away from the Gators in the mulch kit then he likely knows from experience in your area, I would go with the wavy mulching blades.
    They are part # 797704
    Your dealer was correct, at this time there is not a stripe kit available for the 48 and 54 inch FasTrak units, it never was available for these models, just for the previous versions of the FasTrak 44 and 52 inch units.
    It is in the works, I don't know when it will be available or how much it will be at this time.

5. wormrancher

wormrancher LawnSite Member

Thanks PJ,

Can you answer a question for me in regards to the Fastrak 54... (Owners manual has not yet arrived)

How much weight can the Fastrak safely tow? I'm wondering about pulling a fertilizer spreader as well as a liquid sprayer cart around a fairly level yard....

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We don't publish a exact pound rating.
    But lawn and garden type rolling attachments are fine.
    Be careful on hills and around ditches and such.

7. homemower

homemower LawnSite Member
    from Ray,Mi

I also have an ealier model; Have you checked your Honda rpm's I'll bet it is at about 2400 Hustler recomends 3600 rpm on that motor you will be amazed what a difference that will make. I am using duels as well my local,dealer recomended using high lifts on the bottom and Gators on the top works very well I can not complain one bit. use care when starting the blades at first not too much rpm and not too little either too much is hard on the motor clutch engagement, and too little will stall.
  8. Hand Lawn Service

Hand Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I have two 04' models the fast track 16/42 and 18/44 I am always replacing pulleys (carbon fiber) ones . and the bearings keep going bad and the dealer says you have to buy the whole spindle assembly, not just the bearing.

1. Why not make all the pulleys metal ?

2. Why not have a replaceable bearing instead of having to replace the whole spindle?
  9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

How many hours do you have on them?
    We have been using these pulleys for many years, for the most part we don't have any major issues with them.

1. that is a question for the designers and engineers, they have been in used in this industry and the automotive industry for 20 plus years.
    2. The bearing is replaceable, it is part # 783555, but you need to make sure it is installed right and the spindle housing is not worn where the bearings seat in.
    We have used this spindle in every FasTrak, Mini FasTrak, Mini Z, Super Mini Z, Mini Z 36/42 and it is used by many mfg's in this industry, they work great.

10. cranesrule

cranesrule LawnSite Member

Were your RPM's set too low when you got it? When did you notice?